Thursday, December 20, 2007

What I'm Watching

I got DIRECTV installed two weeks ago so I could sample the 70-odd HD channels now offered and compare them and the overall service to my local cable provider, Time Warner (more on that tomorrow). Periodically, I'm going to highlight some cool HD programming that's on or upcoming (similar to the Tonight's HD Picks feature I used to run) since there are so many more high-def channels now than even just 3 months ago. Without further ado...

Right now I'm flipping back and forth between the Science Channel's "Fearless Earth: Grand Canyon" and the NFL Network's Steelers-Rams game. Talk about two genres made for HD...nothing pops quite like travel/nature programming and football. The Grand Canyon episode is fascinating and replays at midnight ET/9PM PT tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a fun experiment. Perhaps, AT&T UVerse should be thrown in the mix?

BTW, it looks like Time Warner SD is bumping their local HD offering w/History, MTV, and few others shortly.

Eelaf Ahmed said...

hehe.. its sounds fun