Monday, October 09, 2006

Flat-Panel vs. RPTV: Which News to Choose

I've gotten a handful of comments over the last several weeks from people who say I focus this blog too heavily on plasma and LCD flat-panel at the expense of DLP (primarily). It's a fair criticism and as way of response, the first thing I'll say is that going forward I will try to cover other technologies such as DLP and LCoS a little more in depth. However, to a large extent I'm limited by the news and product developments coming from the manufacturing community, which lately seems to have centered around the sexier flat-panels.

It brings up a good point, though: am I missing other areas of the industry that you'd like to see covered? I try to touch on a number of different aspects of HDTV, including content and programming, TV technology and buying tips, but am of course always open to suggestions for improvements.

Thanks for your continued support!

-Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, you can do what all of the rest of us do before we buy a HD set, put on your fake mustache and horn rim glasses and go to Best Buy or Home Theater and just sit and watch all those sets in front of you and try and see which is best. It takes hours but you can really get a feel for all of these sets. DLP 1080p 180 light system takes a back seat to no-one.