Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time Warner Cable Customers in SC Get Lucky

I've been up at the DisplaySearch HDTV Conference in L.A., so sorry for the lack of posting this week. Here's an interesting tidbit I just picked up on:

Never would have pegged Columbia, South Carolina as a hotbed of HD activity, but Time Warner Cable there has just launched 9 new high-def channels, bringing the total number available to a very impressive 34. The new ones are:
  • Cinemax HD
  • CNN HD
  • Food Network HD
  • Golf/Versus HD
  • HGTV HD
  • History Channel HD
  • Lifetime Movie Network HD
  • TBS HD
  • TMC HD

Great news for the good folks of Columbia - and I'm jealous. Time Warner here in San Diego only offers 25, which isn't bad but is a far cry from 34. Hopefully we'll be getting some of those newbies here soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The bad news is that half of the HD channels are badly scrambled everytime there's a show I want to watch!! TWC does nothing about it.

Anonymous said...

Any idea when TW San Diego is gonna get alot of those new HD channels like History, Sci-Fi, Discovery, CNN etc? I know they added CW, VS and TBS last month, but those aren't my favorites :)

Mark Kersey said...

No info from TWC San Diego yet, but I'll stay on top of it and let you know if I hear anything.